วันอังคารที่ 22 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Rem Koolhaas and CCTV...and my observation


Rem Koolhas is a Dutch architect who’s his architectures based majorly on function and program. What I like about his architectures is that he has a unique way on how to define spaces, with the expressive forms of most of his work. Although the forms are very expressive, his major consideration is about the construction’s function and program and he divides the spaces very wisely. A great example among his well-known architectures is the China Central Television (CCTV.)










The construction is located in Beijing, China. On my structure project, I have a chance to work with the building, which make me realize how complicated the building is. In my opinion, the form somehow looks infinite, never ending due to the flawless shape. From what I understand, it consists of no column at all, just the structures that all around the façade that support the building weight. The building is connecting to each other, and it provides precise routes for the circulation. To my mind, the shape of it looks somewhat simple, like extracting from a square cube, but it is very beautiful in a way how Rem Koolhas renovate the idea and make the architecture looks very expressive.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น