วันอาทิตย์ที่ 20 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Modernism vs Postmodernism....


In my opinion, modernism and postmodernism is somewhat very similar to each other. Modernism can be said as contemporaneous simple form of geometrics. In which, postmodernism is very alike, but with a little more decoration.

I think modernism and postmodernism somehow does not find each other attractive, and does not blend well. Postmodernism thinks that modernism is not practical, people cannot leave comfortably in them, and they are somewhat all the same! But I personally do not think that is true. Le Corbusier is the father of modernism and I have seen many of his architectures, it looks lively and interesting to me. The spaces seem to be comfortable to live in and very well orientated. Although there are not much of details in the work, but I prefer less is more and certainly less is not a bore.

Postmodernism is a development of modernism (obviously…). But it is a hybrid style, contradicting modernism in everything mixing with lot of stuff together. From what I understand, it is modernism, with more details maybe not in the work, but the concern of the furniture and decoration to make the place looks much comfortable and better to live in.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น