วันอังคารที่ 1 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2554

Opinions on Le Corbusier and my favorite building..

Le Corbusier is one of my most favorite architects of all time. He is known for the father of Modernism. The building that catches my eyes most and is very interesting is the Villa Savoye.  The building has been accepted as the standout modern design. The house is on the large field surrounded with mature trees. He wants to leave the site as untouched as possible.
I think the reason why the building is located in the middle of the field is because Corbusier wants to preserve the environment. And I think that links to the reason why the exterior of the building is white, to blend well with the green grass and blue sky to make the building standout. The orientation of the columns is located as a grid, to open the down floor space clear and flow.
Inside the building, there is a ramp and I think it is there to create somewhat a movement as he says “A staircase separates one floor from another but ramp links it together.”
In my opinion, it does not look much like a house. It looks like an office to me, but it is extremely beautiful.  What I like about the construction is the axis, proportion, simplicity and it’s minimalistic.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น