วันอาทิตย์ที่ 23 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2554

Opinions on the reading: From Bauhaus To Our House

The reading mentions about Bauhaus to live and study and learn from. As far as I am concerned, Bauhaus is the work with no details on furnitures according to Walter Gropius. he says somewhat like a quote, “starting from zero” that I do not quite yet understand. Bauhaus originates in Germany, in the time that they lose in World War II and most countries reject them. People do not appreciate the style because it is too simple and people at the period are not open-minded. They want to have something grand and beautiful rather than simple minimal style such like Bauhaus. 
In my opinion, Bauhaus is “non-bourgeois.” Bourgeois are those high-class group of people that can afford expensive houses and furnitures, and they would not want their houses to look simple. So Bauhaus says to be the style for working-class people, as it needs no detailed in work and rather affordable. The style is very minimal and simple.
I personally like Bauhaus because I think the style is very similar to my chosen building for Design project, “Norman Fisher House” by Louis I. Kahn. Kahn says he starts most of his work from a box of square and see how it goes from there, and it is very minimalistic. Kahn uses international style that involves simple geometry: cube, squares and I think it links well with Bauhaus in term of minimalism. 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น